Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Well it definitely has been a while since I last posted.  In all honesty, my schedule has been very hectic lately.  Regardless, I plan to keep up this blog on a regular basis going forward and I have plenty of material to post. 

Since I last posted, I started going back to school.  I'm studying 2D animation via Internet at the Academy of Art University based in San Francisco.  A collection of sketches and roughs has built up already and I would like to show everyone them in addition to my regular work. 


These are two drawings I did early on in my life drawing class using Nu-pastel and toned paper.   I enjoy the things one can do with pastel but why does it have to be so messy?  Well it is not as messy as certain other mediums but it provides a nice dusting of color to everything in a ten foot range.  I would recommend having a well ventilated area before using them.  Also, keep it away from your computer area unless you happen to enjoy buying canned air on a regular basis.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha. I'm a lefty so pastels always wind up halfway up my arm (and leaving a nice layer of color inside my lungs...) These look really good. Are you enjoying animation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor lungs. I can just imagine...

    Animation is pretty fun. There is an amazing amount of drawing involved that seems like a turn off, but seeing the drawings move make it worth it. I have some Life drawings far better than these two but I though I'd start simple. Thank you for the comment.

    ReplyDelete